GIVING WOMEN ONE SPACE FOR TWO NEEDS
Technology has made it possible and all too easy to live in a vacuum. We can go a day without using our voices to connect with people. The result - increased loneliness in spite of all the ways to ‘connect’ and limitations in our productivity and therefore professional development.
The origin of the co-working concept was to solve the limitations of working from home alone. The solution was to find a way of experiencing the benefits of real-life interaction as an independent professional. Unfortunately, today’s co-working world has lost this purpose of real-life interaction.
Word of Mouth is different by emphasising the power of offline connections and community in an inspiring space that simultaneously protects the moments you want to sit in quietness and read a book.
INSPIRE & INFORM
Customer service - why it really means
If you want to understand what customer service means and why it is essential to all businesses, watch Sophie Chung, Founder of Qunomedical talk on the importance of starting with the customer.
An idea cannot exist without a person. This is oddly often a forgotten fact in the current business world of fast money and growth, which is ironic since these results cannot happen without people.
Applying the design thinking method can help keep focused on the user of the problem you are trying to solve.
Health and fitness: don't have time to exercise? Yes you do. Choose one movement that uses as many joints and body parts (i.e. burpees), put the timer on for intervals (30 seconds exercise, 15 seconds rest, or 20/10, etc) and repeat for 3, 4 or 5 minutes. Start it simple and you'll experience mind and body benefits.
Home: put old newspaper at the bottom of your rubbish bin bag (inside) to avoid dripping rubbish bags.
BITE-SIZE (MOSTLY) LEARNING
BERLIN LIVING SNIPPETS
Tipping in Berlin...
...is expected in some cases.
Who/Where to tip in Berlin?
* table service: when a waiter attends your table. But ordering at a counter (cafe) and your order brought to you, a tip isn't expected but appreciated.
* Bars, barbers/hairdresser, taxis, and heavy deliveries such as supermarket online deliveries.
* Food delivery courier: Deliveroo, Lieferheld, Foodora, ...).
How much & how to tip?
* Typically 5-10% - in most cases, round up the bill to give the change.
* Tip jar? Drop it in - leaving it on the table isn't very common.
* No tip jar, tell them how much change you want back (i.e 15.50€ bill, you give 20€, you can ask for 3€)
Published November 2017.